Welcome to Kindergarten
Welcome to Mrs. Mariotti’s class!
Information to keep in mind:
- Lunches: Your child may either bring his/her lunch from home or buy lunch from our cafeteria. A note from the cafeteria will be sent home regarding prices, along with information about breakfast and snack drinks.
- Homework: Homework will be sent home periodically and will be placed in the right side of your child’s folder to be returned the following day. I encourage you to sit with your child nightly to discuss what they learned each day and to read with them at least 10-15 minutes.
- Snack: We will have an afternoon snack daily. Please pack a healthy snack with your child each day. The snack should be something they are able to open independently.
- Behavior Plan: In our class we use a clip chart for behavior. Your child will begin each day with their clip on green “Ready to Learn.” Throughout the day, if your child displays kind and helpful behaviors, they will be able to move their clips up to blue “Good Choices,” purple "Great Job!" and pink “Super Student” If they reach pink they will earn a bonus sticker. If throughout the day, your child makes some not so good choices they will move their clips down to – yellow "Make a Better Choice” (this is a verbal warning), orange – “Think About it” (this is a 5 minute sit out of free play or recess), and finally red “Parent Contact” (this results in sitting out of all of recess or play time and parental contact). Notes go home each Friday with students' weekly behavior
- Additional Information: Your child will need to wear sneakers every day, they will have P.E. or recess daily.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns, so we can work together throughout the year to ensure a successful year for your child. Let the fun-filled learning begin!