The Mission of the Owen D. Young Central School District is to provide a robust educational environment in which all students can achieve success and make positive contributions to their community.
Owen D. Young Board of Education Strategic Goals 2022-2023
Strategic Goal 1: Maintain rigor of student offerings to ensure that all students graduate with the skills necessary to be successful in their chosen career.
During the 2022-2023 school year, ODY CSD will continue to fully implement the NYS Standards in ELA and Mathematics as well as the Literacy Strands in all Science, Social Studies, and Technical Subjects.
During the 2022-2023 school year, ODY CSD will increase its overall Regents Mastery level passing rates as compared to the baseline established in 2022.
During the 2022-2023 school year, ODY CSD will increase its overall 3-8 ELA, Math, and science Mastery scores as compared to the baseline established in 2022.
1. Continue professional development training in NYS Standards.
2. Provide professional development on co-teaching and other collaborative learning experiences.
3. Continue to build on co-teaching model school wide.
4. Gather data and information regarding academic achievement to support evaluation of eligibility policy.
5. Monitor student progress through frequent analysis of student performance with both local and formative assessments.
6. Continue to align local assessments to the rigor and requirements. Of NYS Standards and Regents exams.
7. Continue to provide AIS handouts to families as needed.
Strategic Goal 2: Ensure access to a variety of meaningful and relevant educational experiences for all students P-12.
During the 2022-2023 school year, ODY CSD will focus on education opportunities that promote student collaboration to better foster resourcefulness and resilience.
During the 2022-2023 school year, ODY CSD will continue to expand meaningful and relevant learning opportunities for all students P-12.
1. Continue to provide College Now offerings.
2. Continue to enroll students in the Regional Program for Excellence.
3. Continue to offer Second Step curriculum (social/emotional instruction) in grades K-3.
4. Encourage local business people and community members to contribute their time and resources to classrooms and other learning venues to help foster student collaboration and compassion.
5. Provide professional development on how to access additional local and community resources to help foster school/community collaboration.
Strategic Goal 3: Encourage a culture of community engagement and communication for all aspects of the ODY school district.
During the 2022-2023 school year the ODY CSD Board of Education will maintain open and transparent communication with all community stakeholders.
During the 2022-2023 school year the ODY CSD Board of Education will promote a positive school environment for all students and staff.
During the 2022-2023 school year the ODY CSD Board of Education will enhance communication with neighboring school districts.
1. Continue to maintain a presence on social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
2. Continue to use SchoolTool Parent Portal as a tool for parent communication pertaining to academics and attendance.
3. Establish community group meetings so that all teachers can build relationships with ODY families and community members.
4. Continue to contract through Capital Region BOCES for public relations support.
5. Continue to provide regular guidance updates sent to parents via email, mail, etc.
6. Continue guidance communications pertaining to career choices in grades 8-9, as well as high school course planning.
7. Attend neighboring districts’ BOE meeting/ athletic meetings to foster open and transparent communication between districts.